John P. Tierney
|Location:||Denville, New Jersey|
John Tierney was an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County, New York. He began as a Criminal Court Assistant before accepting appointment to the position of Trial Assignment Part I (TAP) leader. Immediately thereafter, John was quickly promoted to the position of Designated Felony Liaison for Juvenile Offenders. In this role, he successfully prosecuted juveniles charged with First Degree, Violent Felonies, tried gang-related assaults and robberies, felony gun possession cases, conducted interrogations, and successfully tried a multiple-defendant rape trial. He finished his tenure with the Bronx District Attorney’s Office in the Narcotics Trial Bureau.
In private practice, John Tierney built the Tierney Law Group from the ground up, since 2002. As a direct result of the strong investigative and trial experience obtained early in his career, John has successfully defended premises liability matters, general liability matters, non-profit charitable, religious and educational institutions, asserted Title 59 Immunities for municipalities and municipal police departments, and has obtained outstanding results in a vast array of civil litigation and criminal defense matters.
The Tierney Law Group, LLC represents an outstanding array of clients as Litigation Counsel. Longstanding, representative clients include Starbucks Corporation, Markel Insurance Company, James River Insurance Company, Carolyn Corporation, Falls Lake Insurance Company, and previously the New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company Special Investigations (S.I.U.) Unit, and the Redwoods Group YMCA Program.
Mr. Tierney has successfully defended against multiple appeals from summary judgment in the Appellate Division of the State of New Jersey.
John is licensed to practice in New Jersey and New York Courts.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violations
- Personal Injury — Defense
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Defense
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 1997
- New York, 1998
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. – 1997
- Honors: Public Interest Award
- Loyola University, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.A. cum laude
- Honors: Dean’s List 1993, 1994; Political Science and Sociology Honor Societies
- Starbucks Corporation
- New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company
- Markel Insurance Company
- James River Insurance Company
- Redwoods Group YMCA Program
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the Bronx County District Attorney, Assistant District Attorney, 1997 – 2000
- Sekas & Buzzetti, Associate, 2000 – 2001
- Wade, Clark, Mulcahy, Associate, 2001 – 2002
- Contract Negotiation
- Commercial Litigation